Ensuring Your Healthy Heart
Heart disease is the Number 1 cause of death among American men and women. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that nearly 25 percent of all deaths in the United States in 2008 are attributed to heart disease.
With diabetes, obesity and sedentary life-styles on the rise, it is critical that we understand heart disease prevention and undertake lifestyle changes to prevent it.
Here are six things you and your family can do to prevent heart disease:
- Don’t smoke. If you smoke, quit.
- Exercise. Just 30 minutes 3 times a week will help decrease your weight, reduce plaque buildup in the arteries and reduce blood pressure. Each of these factors improves your heart health.
- Keep your blood sugar within normal ranges. Chronic high blood sugar can damage blood vessels and kidneys.
- Keep your cholesterol in a normal, healthy range.
- Keep your weight down.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
ViaViente helps your heart in many ways. Via provides the antioxidant equivalent of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables in every ounce. These antioxidants help reduce inflammation, blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol.
Adding ViaViente to your healthy lifestyle is a Heart Healthy Winner!